Powder coating provides a long-lasting, economical and durable finish with a range of color options available for nearly any type of metal. In addition, a powder coated surface will be more resistant against scratches, chipping, wear, and fading compared to other type of finishes.
MGM’s standard paint system utilizes TGIC Polyester powder coatings designed for exterior exposure and offers excellent weather resistance from a single coat finish, has good chemical resistance to splash/spillage, fumes and immersion in neutral, fresh and salt water. Standard color used on all dry-type and liquid-filled transformers is ANSI 61, a light gray color. We have two lines one for ANSI 61 and one for ANSI 49. In addition to the colors listed above, the factory can supply any RAL colors or if we are supplied with a sample paint chip of the color to match.
Optional Premium System (provided when specified on order):
For added protection with increased impact resistance and additional corrosion protection, MGM can offer an optional premium paint system. This system consists of a base coat of the epoxy coating, as described above, followed by additional coat of a high build polyurethane coating ( 5 MIL or 125 Microns). This polyurethane coating has excellent color, UV protection and gloss retention during extended service periods. The multiple coat premium paint system results in a high performance, corrosion resistant, system with excellent appearance and durability.
Advantages of Powder Coating:
- Powder coatings contain no solvents and release little or no amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) into the atmosphere. Thus, there is no need for finishers to buy costly pollution control equipment. Companies can comply more easily and economically with the regulations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker/dense coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences than liquid coated items between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces.
- A wide range of specialty effects are easily accomplished using powder coatings that would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
- Curing time is significantly faster with powder coating than with liquid coating.
If you have any questions or inquiries please don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com.