Grounding transformers are used to provide a ground path to either an ungrounded “Y” or delta connected system.
Large multi-turbine wind farms often require Grounding transformers for fault protection on ungrounded lines. A Grounding transformer placed on the turbine string provides a ground path in the event the string becomes isolated from the system ground.
Grounding transformers are typically constructed with either a Zig-Zag connected winding with or without an auxiliary winding or as a Wye connected winding with a Delta connected secondary.
MGM Transformer is one of the leading Grounding Transformer Manufacturers in the United States. Please don’t hesitate to reach out for more information or a quote.
Simply put, a grounding transformer is used to provide a ground path to either an ungrounded “Y” or a delta connected system and is used to:
1. Provide a relatively low impedance path to ground, thereby maintaining the
system neutral at or near ground potential.
2. Limit the magnitude of transient over voltages when re-striking ground faults
3. Provide a source of ground fault current during line to ground faults
4. Permit the connection of phase to neutral loads if desired
Grounding transformers are normally constructed either with (1) a Zig Zag (Zn) connected winding with or without an auxiliary winding or (2) as a Wye connected winding with a delta connected secondary that may or may not be used to supply auxiliary power.
- Primary voltage
- Rated KVA or continuous primary phase current
- Continuous Neutral current
- Available neutral fault current and duration
- Impedance as a % or as an ohms/phase value
- Primary winding connection
- Secondary connection if applicable
- Basic overall construction features
- Neutral ground resisters if required
BULL RUSH PROGRAM
MADE IN USA
MGM Transformer Company can manufacture your units at our 120,000 square foot plant in the U.S. and source the raw materials solely from American companies if required. By doing so we can certify your units to be compliant with any of the various “Buy U.S.” statutes (either state or federal). Please make sure to specify your requirements at the time of order.